Mares X-VU or X Vision Ultra?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone

As the title says, I'm trying to decide which mask of these two I should purchase. What are the benefits of one as opposed to another? The mask will be used for diving and snorkeling in Red Sea.

Thank you in advance

Hello everyone

As the title says, I'm trying to decide which mask of these two I should purchase. What are the benefits of one as opposed to another? The mask will be used for diving and snorkeling in Red Sea.

Thank you in advance
For masks, perhaps more than any other piece of dive gear, the single biggest issue is a good fit. The only way to determine this is to go into a dive shop and try them on. See which one works best for you. If it doesn't give a good seal on your face, then really nothing else matters. That is not the right mask for you. If you do get a good (effortless) seal, then you can move on to the other features.

After that, assuming that you get a good seal with both masks, the next thing I would look at is comfort. Which one is the most comfortable one (while maintaining a good seal)? If they are both equally comfortable, which one gives the features you like. For me, I like to do underwater photography, so I prefer a mask with a black skirt. (Because I do underwater photography, I personally also stay away from any mask which would change the colour of what I see, since that may cause me to I set my camera white balance wrong.) Others like the open feeling that a clear skirt gives them.

Masks are very personal items. Ultimately, only you can answer what works best for you.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom