Mares XR Tek Pocket Ultra Light Shorts Sliding Down...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A few months ago I ordered a set of Mares XR Tek Pocket Ultra Light Shorts from DGX Mares XR Tek Pocket Ultra Light Shorts. I've been meaning to dive with them, so I brought them with me to a shore dive yesterday. I put them and struggled with tightening the waistband. I made out, did a 2 hour dive, and all was good until I got out of the water. While walking up the beach, they started sagging down my butt. The only thing keep them on me was my crotch strap. There isn't much elasticity or stretch when tightening them up. For those who dive these shorts, what's your process for making sure they are on securely?

I have those same shorts, really like them except that waist velcro. It sounds like yours is a size too big though. You could possibly go to a tailor and sew in extra velcro to enable you to tighten it further but I wouldn't be surprised if that cost you as much as a new pair.

I have 2 pairs of these shorts and both slip down when pockets have weight in them. I put on suspenders on both and problem solved. Similar to how hockey shorts are I guess. Suspenders were cheap $5.
#mares #marestechshorts #maresxr

20240305_120516.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom