Marigold latex gloves over Si Tech Quick Cuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreyDyvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I ordered some Marigold latex gloves (G17K) to try over my Si Tech wrist rings. The fit seems to be really nice and sealed over the rings, but I have yet to dive with them on. Just wondering if others have used these gloves over the rings and how that worked out for you. I really wanted to try dry gloves and figured for $4 a pair this is a cheap and easy way to do it. I plan on leaving the thumb loops of my thermals through the silicone wrist seals for equalization.

Thanks.

Those are what I use and they work perfectly. I have used the Sitech Quick Glove and Glovelock systems and find the Marigolds used as a pullover much more reliable. They provide much greater dexterity than the smurfs and the absence of a bulky locking ring is another benefit.

We’ve been doing that out here for years, it works just fine.

Works like a champ!! Thats what I use when I need to or feel I need to dive with dry hands. I put on a thin fleece type glove and then slip on the pull over gloves and I am golden..

These gloves....

Fleece Dry Glove Liner

It is a bit frustrating to discover after spending a couple of hundred dollars on dryglove systems that the $5.00 solution works better.

Oh, and about the equalization thing......try it without the thumb loop first, even down to tech depths it’s not too bad......the gloves are good but not super cut resistant so I’d prefer a wet glove versus a wet arm.

We’ve been doing that out here for years, it works just fine.

Been using these for years as well. I have a pair of ragg wool gloves that I wear underneath, and they usually keep my hands warm. Just have to remember to dry out the ragg wool gloves after a dive - they can become sweaty and will retain the dampness. In the cooler months I usually put them on the defrost vent to warm and dry them on the way to the dive site. :wink:

Divegoose

Been using these for years as well. I have a pair of ragg wool gloves that I wear underneath, and they usually keep my hands warm. Just have to remember to dry out the ragg wool gloves after a dive - they can become sweaty and will retain the dampness. In the cooler months I usually put them on the defrost vent to warm and dry them on the way to the dive site. :wink:

Divegoose
Just carry several pairs and change them between dives when in really cold water. I have not found anything warmer than the ragg wool gloves.

Are you doing this over the oval or round rings? I've got the oval rings and this sounds really interesting!

Back
Top Bottom