Marine life on the USS Oriskany?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
we are updating the virtual dive site of the USS Oriskany (adding "the gap", opening the stairwell, nicer textures, ...) and I would like to know what marine life you see when diving the mighty "O".

Please post names with images :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I usually see both fish and invertabrates, does that help any? :)

I usually see both fish and invertabrates, does that help any? :)
could you please be more specific? Names?

Contact Dive Down Under in Gulf Shores Al or MBT in Pensacola, Fl. They run trips to the Oriskany and are probably the most up to date, that I know anyway

Seadoggirl is friends with some local invertabrates there, apparently it was a girl, with eggs - I'm not sure what her name was though.

Alberto,
We routinely see barracuda, snapper, amberjack, grouper, octopus, lots of reef fish and tropicals. We have lots of weird local species too. It is a seriously rich site for marine life. That being said, there are some good photos that have been posted so once everyone gets done being funny, hopefully they will share some of their incredible images with you. Next time you are in town, give me a call.
Capt. Jim
Dr Dive

Alberto,
We routinely see barracuda, snapper, amberjack, grouper, octopus, lots of reef fish and tropicals. We have lots of weird local species too. It is a seriously rich site for marine life. .....
Hi Capt. Jim,
thank you for the list.
Do you remember me? We met at DEMA a couple of years ago and you were supposed to send me info/plans/images of your dive boat so I could put it in the virtual dive site of the Oriskany (instead of a dive boat from Key Largo :D).
Free advertising for You :wink:

......That being said, there are some good photos that have been posted so once everyone gets done being funny, hopefully they will share some of their incredible images with you. ......
I am used to see people "being funny" ..... once they are done with it most of them becomes helpful and supportive.
I appreciate any but of help I get.

...... Next time you are in town, give me a call.
I will do it for sure.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom