Marine park fee increase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just did mine. when is said chose a file I added a picture of me. It won't show the picture but shows the link to it. You will see the picture with the full passport after you pay. Mine was a little over $19 USD. Saved and downsized to CC size before printing.

It's a buggy thing too - I have had it not work and it took a few attempts - one thing I noticed was I needed to be on wifi, not cellular

I am on the purchase of passports page and have filled out the info. Then it says "choose a file" and nothing happens. Any tips
Click that link, then choose a photo of yourself from your computer. It has to match your driver's license or passport photo since the pass is only valid with one of those.

Thanks for all the info in this thread!

Two quick questions about the annual pass:

is it valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, i.e. if I buy today is it Dec 18, 2020 to Dec 18, 2021? Or is a calendar annual pass, i.e. valid for the calendar year 2020 or for 2021?

Don mentions that the pass is only valid with a driver's license or passport. If someone asked for the pass while I'm on a dive boat, does this mean I would need to also present a DL or passport with the pass?

if I buy today is it Dec 18, 2020 to Dec 18, 2021?
Yes.

Don mentions that the pass is only valid with a driver's license or passport. If someone asked for the pass while I'm on a dive boat, does this mean I would need to also present a DL or passport with the pass?
Technically, yes, but don't expect that to be enforced. Results may vary.

Unlikely you would need your DL or passport since you have your picture on it. I've been diving in Cozumel for thirty years and have never been stopped by the park police and asked to show my bracelet. Just get the damned thing and stop fretting.

When you choose your picture, make sure it's portrait and not landscape. If it's landscape the software will squeeze it and you will look funny.

PS. the pasaporte is also good for entrance to Tulum, Chichen Itza, and other Mexican parks.

When you choose your picture, make sure it's portrait and not landscape. If it's landscape the software will squeeze it and you will look funny.

PS. the pasaporte is also good for entrance to Tulum, Chichen Itza, and other Mexican parks.

I got it, done... I'm good to go for the next year. Thanks for making the original suggestion!

Oh really? What about the land parks on Cozumel island?

The Pasaporte is good (in the Yucatan) as follows:

1 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Arrecife Alacranes
2 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Arrecife de Puerto Morelos
3 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Arrecifes de Cozumel
4 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Arrecifes de Sian Ka'an
5 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Arrecifes de Xcalak
6 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Bala'an K'aax
7 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Banco Chinchorro
8 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Calakmul
9 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Caribe Mexicano
10 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Costa Occidental de Isla Mujeres, Punta Cancún y Punta Nizuc
11 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Dzibilchantún
12 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Isla Contoy
13 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano La porción norte y la franja costera oriental, terrestres y marinas de la Isla de Cozumel
14 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Los Petenes
15 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Manglares de Nichupté
16 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Otoch Ma'ax Yetel Kooh
17 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Playa adyacente a la localidad denominada Río Lagartos
18 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Playa de la Isla Contoy
19 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Ría Celestún
20 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Ría Lagartos
21 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Sian Ka'an
22 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Tiburón Ballena
23 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Tulum
24 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Uaymil
25 Península de Yucatán y Caribe Mexicano Yum Balam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom