Marine park fee increase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the more reason to buy a year's pass to the Mexican National Parks which includes Cozumel's marine park.

Pasaporte para la Conservación CONANP

$383 MNP for a year from the date of purchase. At current exchange rates that's about $18 US.

Is there a mobile App too? What is it listed under?

Is there a mobile App too? What is it listed under?
Yes, if you understand Spanish enough. I don't.

‎Pasaporte de la Conservación

From Dive with Martin
Paddi here – let me see if I can walk you through the process of purchasing the annual marine park passport. You can purchase the passport through the App on your phone or tablet, or you can do it on the website. I found it was a little easier on the website. It’s definitely easier to find your passport again on the website after you have signed up. Website: https://pasaportedelaconservacion.conanp.gob.mx/.../inici...
Tip: Take a screen shot of your passport once you are signed up and save it in your gallery. It’s much easier finding it that way than through the app.
SIGNING UP FOR THE ANNUAL MARINE PARK PASSPORT ON THE APP
(Good for 12 months from the date of your initial payment)
1) Download the app. It is called Pasaporte de la Conservacion.
2) Open the app. The first page you see is the black page with “Siguente” at the bottom. Click Siguente (Continue) to the next screen
3) If you miss the black screen (it will change), click “Ingresar” (Enter) at the bottom of the next screen.
4) At the top of the next screen, it says “Pasaporte de la Conservacion.” Next to that is a small box that says “Comprar” (Buy). Click here.
5) The next page is the terms and conditions. You can google translate them, but basically it says that the passport is your key to discovering the diversity of the natural areas of Mexico. Click in the box saying you “Acepto los terminus y condiciones” and then click “Comprar Pasaporte”
6) Now you will enter your email and “Contrasena” (password) and click on “Crear una Nueva Cuenta” (Create a new account)
7) The next screen will collect your personal information.
Nombre (Name): Put your first name
Apellido Paterno – Your last name
Apellido Materno – Family Name (Maternal): Only fill this out if you use a second last name
Email
Contrasena (Password)
The bottom is a privace notice. Click on the box that says “He leido el aviso de privacidad” (I have read the privacy notice)
Click on “Crear Cuenta” (Create Account)
8) On the next screen, click on “Nuevo Pasaporte” (New Passport)
9) On this screen you will designate the Numero de Pasaportes (Number of Passports) and upload or take a photo or yourself for your account. Click “Comprar” (Buy) at the bottom
10) The next screen is for payment.
11) After you have finalized your payment, you should be able to login using your email and password and go to “Mis Pasaportes” (My passports)
Hope this helps. If you still need help, shoot me an email at divewithmartin@gmail.com

How recently has someone successfully purchased an annual pass? For the past week I have had issues. I was able to create an account, add a picture but the process to complete the purchase fails b/c the system never asks me for payment details.
I got a new one in October...

How recently has someone successfully purchased an annual pass? For the past week I have had issues. I was able to create an account, add a picture but the process to complete the purchase fails b/c the system never asks me for payment details.

It's a very fidgety app, wouldn't work with cell phone data, had to be on wireless - but today our CFE app (pay our electric bills) doesn't work wireless and has to use data - uggghhhhh

Here's the online version of it:

Pasaporte para la Conservación CONANP

You have to be patient and do some translating, the way government websites are built, they don't all get translated.

I have tried for the last 3-4 days with the same result you had (Server error after clicking Buy). I tried finding an android app but it may not exist. There was one for iphone. I did not switch my Google play store from US as switching back may have it's problems (limited # of changes per time period I understand). One dive op here tried doing this for all their customers (signing them up via the website) but they had the same failure.

How recently has someone successfully purchased an annual pass?

I bought mine through the website on Dec 18. Process was quick and smooth, took about two minutes (and most of that was me slowly interpreting Spanish to English.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom