Marine park fee increase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was not $383 for the year, it was $750 but is now $1500mxn so about $75usd as of January 1. This was just confirmed with the marine park, but the system is down right now
??? Christi do you know if a shop will be required to report / fill out paperwork for customers with passes???

All the more reason to buy a year's pass to the Mexican National Parks which includes Cozumel's marine park.

Pasaporte para la Conservación CONANP

$383 MNP for a year from the date of purchase. At current exchange rates that's about $18 US.
So I got mine, good for a year, and now I hear that it's not valid?

I purchase mine on 12/19/2020 and the price was $383 pesos as noted on my printed Pasaporte. The exchange on my CC was 19.40 USD if I remember correctly. I have it printed out and laminated. I'm with DandyDon in asking is it valid until 2021-12-18 as stated on my Pasaporte?

I purchase mine on 12/19/2020 and the price was $383 pesos as noted on my printed Pasaporte. The exchange on my CC was 19.40 USD if I remember correctly. I have it printed out and laminated. I'm with DandyDon in asking is it valid until 2021-12-18 as stated on my Pasaporte?

Yes. The passport is good for one-full year after purchase. Yours will expire 2021-12-18.

It was not $383 for the year, it was $750 but is now $1500mxn so about $75usd as of January 1. This was just confirmed with the marine park, but the system is down right now

While the fee may have gone up on January 1, I assure you it was $383 new pesos before that.

Where did you hear it wasn't valid? I used mine in November.
I don't know why Christi thinks that it was 750 pesos before as I did get it for 383. Here is the charge on my Visa. My dive op says he can't accept it, but maybe he can...??

upload_2021-1-6_17-52-46.png

I don't know why Christi thinks that it was 750 pesos before as I did get it for 383. Here is the charge on my Visa. My dive op says he can't accept it, but maybe he can...??

View attachment 634593
Whats your CC number?

In all honesty, this charge should be absorbed by the dive shops...adjust your pricing if they must.

Back
Top Bottom