Marine park fee increase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I booked for March and paid the 37 pesos park fee, around 2 US Dollars, but I recently received email from booking agent that effective 1/1/21 the park fee went up to 90 pesos - around 4.50 US and I would have to pay difference when I check in..... So I paid 30 US for the 5 days me and my boys are going and now I have to pay additional 37.50 US when we check in.

I checked the Conanp website today to check if by chance they updated my park pass and they did. It now says 2021 and $1500 mxn along with my photo, folio number and expiration date which it had before . I thought I would need to go to their office. Though the printout is paper (A4), I should be good to go. It does say on the second page of instructions that entering a park also requires ID. I will have my ID with me as I drive to the marina.
The Conanp office is on Calle 4 between AV 15 and 20 if your are here and want to try it in person. This is a national park pass and is necessary for the marine park. There is another pass for locals for access to some areas in cozumel.
Parque Nacional Arrecifes de Cozumel y APFF Isla Cozumel is the page for National Park Cozumel and does have the reef closure rotation. Feb and Mar are Cedral pass, Cedaral Wall and La Francesa. Some of my favorites.

Just checked my I got in Dec. All the same except price now states 1500 vice 383 pesos

Just checked my I got in Dec. All the same except price now states 1500 vice 383 pesos
Cool. They seem to be changing it. How much vice do you get for $383 versus $1500. :)

Any updates on the 2023 daily marine park fee and the cost of the annual pass? I found this link on Tripadvisor, but I don't know if it covers Cozumel. Never done the annual pass. It looks like it converts to $101 USD. Pasaporte para la Conservación CONANP

Or if anyone has a government link or some official document that shows the daily marine park fee, that would be helpful. It seems that the dive shops charge whatever they want for the MP fee, because there's no consistency to the fee. I've been quoted $5.50 to $6.50 per day.

Your advice is most appreciated.

Any updates on the 2023 daily marine park fee and the cost of the annual pass? I found this link on Tripadvisor, but I don't know if it covers Cozumel. Never done the annual pass. It looks like it converts to $101 USD. Pasaporte para la Conservación CONANP

Or if anyone has a government link or some official document that shows the daily marine park fee, that would be helpful. It seems that the dive shops charge whatever they want for the MP fee, because there's no consistency to the fee. I've been quoted $5.50 to $6.50 per day.

Your advice is most appreciated.

There is a set price in pesos for the bracelet - the difference in quoted price is differnt ways people handle the exchange rate.

The bracelet is 90 pesos, the dollar is down 25% verses the peso a year ago.

There is a set price in pesos for the bracelet - the difference in quoted price is differnt ways people handle the exchange rate.

The bracelet is 90 pesos, the dollar is down 25% verses the peso a year ago.
:mad: the USD to MXN exchange rate keeps dropping but on the flip side the Mexico benchmark interest rate is 11.25%, to combat inflation.

1686934158271.png

Just got back from Coz. We got 17 pesos per dollar when pulling cash from the ATM there, and our dive op charged us $6 US per day for the marine park fee. (When we booked a couple months ago, they told us $5 but a few weeks ago they changed it to $6.)

So at 17 pesos/dollar, that 90 pesos would be closer to $5.50. It's a safe bet that most dive ops will want $6, just to hedge against the exchange rate.

Still a bargain. We saw a couple eagle rays this week and the biggest loggerhead I've ever seen. And a big octopus on a night dive that wanted to challenge the other octopus -- that he saw in my brother's reflective mask lens -- to a fight. Good times.

I was in Cozumel last week and the marine park fee is now 104 Pesos. Today, that would be $5.74 USD, and some of the shops are charging $6 USD. In an earlier post in this thread, 37 Pesos was the rate in 2021, so the fee has over doubled in just two years.

I think it says on the bracelet how much they are in pesos. The price might have increased.

The what used to be $5 that is now $6 is related to the pesos strengthening verses dollar weakening.

Back
Top Bottom