Mark Powell - Deco for Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for clearing that up that up for me. I might be getting "selling a book via Amazon" process confused with "selling a Kindle version of a book". I thought one of the processes hit hard for the author.

ALERT ON KOBO!

I just bought the 2nd edition - The Kobo eReader app does NOT work on my Windows 10, even though they advertise it to work on Win 10.

When I try to sign in, I get an empty white box, with no text nor sign-in blocks.

The app is free - make sure you can use it *before* you buy a book.

Well, darn it, since I am awake at this silly hour, I solved the eReader problem for Kobo.

Here is the solution for Windows 10, since Kobo doesn't have one.

1. Save the install file to the hard drive.
2. Navigate to the folder containing the install file.
3. Right-click on the file, select properties.
4. On the first tab, if there is an "unblock" to check, check the block and click apply.
5. On the compatibility tab, click the box that says "Windows 8".
6. Click apply and close the properties box.
7. Right-click on the file and chose "Run as administrator".

Well that bites...

At least my actual books work the manual method...hold with one hand and turn the pages with the other. :)

Well that bites...

At least my actual books work the manual method...hold with one hand and turn the pages with the other. :)

I bought the paperback, too. I love the feel of a book. But the ebook can go on a trip with me. :)

Edit: Never mind. Answered my own question.

Edit: Never mind. Answered my own question.
Awwww... I always like when someone has a question and then figures out the answer for us all to read. Just like @Jax did above you!

So, my original question was about the difference between the first and second edition of Deco for Divers and if I was missing out on anything by picking up the first edition. I then found the description of the second edition saying it was "fully updated and revised" as seen below:

upload_2019-3-6_10-52-47.png

I also found it for sale for $30.08 from Walmart of all places.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Deco-for...F7O00Z7o6OuWSD-s6dY40_M_ZduDj41hoCBUcQAvD_BwE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom