Mark Powell’s book on technical diving is finally available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you guys know that it is worth the money and the trouble to buy it without reading or knowing anything about it? There isn't even a short summary of the book on that Amazon page selling the book. I just don't get it.

How do you guys know that it is worth the money and the trouble to buy it without reading or knowing anything about it? There isn't even a short summary of the book on that Amazon page selling the book. I just don't get it.

Knowing the quality of "Deco For Divers", it would be quite out of the usual for it to be a underachiever...

Knowing the quality of "Deco For Divers", it would be quite out of the usual for it to be a underachiever...

It isn't just the "quality" but also the subject of the book and what is in there. There is NO description of any kind of the book other than its name.

I doubt seriously that the book is not worth it. Waiting for my copy as its coming from the UK. For those not wanting to "risk it", wait until folks read it and give you their opinions or just order it and if you don't like it return it. Amazon will take it back (and usually pay for shipping too).

However, I can't wait for my copy and am eager to learn from this great author/diver.

It isn't just the "quality" but also the subject of the book and what is in there. There is NO description of any kind of the book other than its name.

again, I'd make the same comment...

Powell's discussions in D-4-D was an outstanding presentation of some very complex topics. I am quite certain his approach to this book will continue to provide clear discussions.

Not surprised.

One thing about Amazon is they change prices on items, supply vs demand. Not sure I'm ok with how rapidly they change prices though...
There is this website camelcamelcamel.com which tracks prices of Amazon items over time. You just copy paste the item's url and there you go.
Now for this particular book it's too early to get any info, but for items that are sold for some time it is very useful tool.
Enjoy

Has anyone here read the book yet? A review of the book would be great and how it compares with things such as the TDI or PADI technical texts.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom