Marking Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whitetip

Reaction score
Any pearls of wisdom regarding this ?

I really need to mark most of my gear , from fins to computer to suit and am finding it difficult to get hold of an indelible pen or some such piece of equipment who'se ink will not disappear after a few dives .

I've been recommended permanent markers , even laundry markers , although I'm really searching for something that will write on plastic and neoprene both ...

What do you guys use ?

Thanks , safe diving

A sharpie marker. You can also buy paint pens at some dive shops. Let me know if you need help finding one and maybe I can pick one up for you at Diver's Outlet.

I got a pack of 6 different colors so I could write on everything and have it show up. They work darn well :)

Rachel

I buy them at the local office supply store. Same product as what is found in the dive shops and lots cheaper.

I have acrylic paints (as a hobbyist painter) and the white acrylic seems to be holding up (and showing up on the black) really well on the neoprene stuff and the BC. I used a Sharpie on the hard stuff like fins and tanks etc.

Acrylics have a plastic polymer in them so the finished product is pretty durable as well as flexible. And when it's wet during application, it can seep into the fabric and really grab.

Paint Markers are sold at every dive store I've ever been to. I bought one 10 years ago and it still works. The marker has about 2 oz. of paint. The average diver would have to mark 200 items to use it all up. I mark my tank, fins, mask, tickle stick, lobster bag, and BC. Then I mark my friends, tank, fins, mask, tickle stick, lobster bag, and BC. Then I loan the pen out to more friends and they mark whatever, and there is still paint. So I guess that you'll only need one of these for a life time of diving.:wacko:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom