• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Marsa alam - dugongs

Discussion in 'Red Sea' started by Sbiriguda, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Sbiriguda

Sbiriguda Manta Ray

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Hello,
    I am planning a trip to Egypt in Marsa Alam area
    1) Is it really possible to see the dugongs? I have been told that the best area is abu Dabad
    2) My wife doesn't dive. Which is the best place to do both snorkeling and diving in Marsa Alam?
    3) I would like to do some freediving, but I don't like solo diving. Do you have any specific recommendations on local guides and places where to do freediving in safety with reliable freediving buddies?
    Thanks

2. Wisnu

Wisnu Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    1. Yes, but certainly no guarantee and you need some luck. We dived Abu Dabbab house reef everyday for 5 days with no luck. But, other guess (group of new divers) saw a dugong and spent more than 10 minutes.
    Turtles is very easy to sight in Abu dabbab, practically on every dive at Sea grass area. We are also approached by a fat dolphin on the right reef, too bad my camera set up was 60mm macro.

2. We stayed at Malikia resort. Lot of activities for non divers including. Snorkeling, yoga class, massage, water park etc, can be very crowded on weekends end.

3. Sorry can't help for free diving but please check with the dive center.

Sbiriguda likes this.
  3. Sbiriguda

Sbiriguda Manta Ray

# of Dives: 25 - 49
  4. diverLux

diverLux Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Hi,

seen the Dugong at Sheikh Malegg, small sheltered bay 10 km north of Marsa Alam airport,

then on 2 occasions at Marsa Egla vast bay perfect for non divers ( Bedouin families come here with their children who sell homemade bracelets please bring extra money and make their day )

turtles are practically everywhere, this one here at Serib Kebir 10 south of Quseir

Attached Files: