Martha's Quarry Customer Appreciation Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vodolaz

Reaction score
is this Saturday, or so I'm told. Nothing on the website though. Anyone know?

vodolaz:
is this Saturday, or so I'm told. Nothing on the website though. Anyone know?

Good question.. Anyone know the water temps/thermocline currently for us non-drysuit divers.

Mike

Appreciation day is this saturday. I was interested in the water temps myself. I am thinking about going.

MY01SHADOW:
Good question.. Anyone know the water temps/thermocline currently for us non-drysuit divers.

Mike

The surface and bottom temp at Rock Divers in Huntsville (two hours drive south) was 62f surface and 55f bottom on May 1st. (from http://www.rockdivers.com/water_temperature_log.htm)

I imagine that the temps at Marthas will be similar or a little colder. I personally think that Marthas stays a little colder than Rock Divers.

I hope that comparison helps some..... -mike

scubabrandon:
I am about to head up there. Free dives and air..cant pass that up.

Well, I hope that everyone had a good time today at Martha's, despite the weather threatening.

For everyone's reference, I dove down to the kitchen area (44') and it was about 60 degrees at depth. Surface water temp by the original ramp area was 66 degrees. Was clad in a 5mm suit, and it was a bit on the chilly side at the kitchen. Most of the dive was spent in the 30' range. Was actually pretty nice...

And Vodolaz, Randy Cain told me to tell you hello. He was out there today at the Scuba Adventures booth, and is over here now....

quarrydiver99:
And Vodolaz, Randy Cain told me to tell you hello. He was out there today at the Scuba Adventures booth, and is over here now....
Sorry I missed everyone yesterday. I was just out there today for a couple dives and met a few people. Vis was pretty good at 30' plus and temps were 55F at 48' with mid sixties above the thermocline at around 30'.

I'll be there training frequently this spring and early summer. If you see a tall guy with doubles and stages, stop by and say hi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom