Maryland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TooManyHobbies

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I didn’t see any posts in here from the last year about MD. I’d anyone else stuck in this god-forsaken place? I’d be happy to meet up with people for Juturna or even road trip to somewhere else.

Apparently, you are considered a Southener 'round these parts ...

More specifically, "South Eastern United States", "Mid-Atlantic States":
Mid-Atlantic States

I have had the pleasure to dive with a couple of your MD compatriots up here at Dutch Springs, though.

Thanks! I wouldn’t have guessed that

Yep, stuck in Maryland as well. :( My buddy and I go over to Juturna occasionally (previously to Hyde's before it shut down) for skills work or trying new gear configurations. I just can't get that excited about diving in quarries though so we head to NC or Pompano Beach every chance we get.

I haven't been down there. Do you need someone to throw in some gas money and make inappropriate jokes on the way?

TMH,

We have a fairly active group of divers connected through Submerged in Rockville. A lot of weekends you’ll find folks at Juturna since it’s close by. We used to drive down to Lake Phoenix once a month or so and camp for the weekend, but haven’t been doing that as much this summer with Juturna Open. A bunch of us were headed to NJ this past weekend to dive wrecks off the coast, but got blown out so we headed to Dutch. There are people headed to NC at the end of the month. And to echo Ryan, flying out of BWI, FL is pretty easy as well (if not quite as cheap as hopping in the car).

If you want to know more, feel free to PM me or call Tanya at the shop. There’s also a Facebook group “Local Diving for Marylanders” that people use to find buddies for local dives and set up small group events.

Mark

Check out Kent Island Scuba for Chesapeake Bay dives. You’ll be able to do oyster dives in the Bay soon too, always a good time and you get to keep a bushel per person.

Maryland’s not so bad...at least you’re not in NoVa!

Lance

TMH,

A bunch of us were headed to NJ this past weekend to dive wrecks off the coast, but got blown out so we headed to Dutch. There are people headed to NC at the end of the month. And to echo Ryan, flying out of BWI, FL is pretty easy as well (if not quite as cheap as hopping in the car).

If you want to know more, feel free to PM me or call Tanya at the shop. There’s also a Facebook group “Local Diving for Marylanders” that people use to find buddies for local dives and set up small group events.

Mark

I heard from my instructor that NJ diving is actually pretty great. Lots of wrecks and stuff to see. I'm sure it's cold, but what isn't around here?
I tried to dive during a trip to Myrtle Beach in July, but we got hit with storms all three attempts we made.

Check out Kent Island Scuba for Chesapeake Bay dives. You’ll be able to do oyster dives in the Bay soon too, always a good time and you get to keep a bushel per person.

Lance

I'm looking at it now. Columbia Scuba has a trip scheduled there for this month, but they're full up so far.

Lance

I'm thinking about checking them out this weekend. Is the price listed on their website for a half-day local boat dive ($60) the actual cost or is that just a placeholder/registration fee? I'm a newbie, so I have no idea what the going rate for something like that is.

Back
Top Bottom