Mask and Reg issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G-lock

Registered
Reaction score
Guys I hope this belongs here, If not mods/regs please move.

Anyway, I am 3/5's thru my confined water sessions and everything is going well. However, I have a problem with my mask leaking around the nose pocket. Now mind you I have fairly chubby cheeks but my mask seals perfectly with my snorkel and by itself, but when I put the reg in my mouth it pushes my upper lip out and disrupts the seal. Anyone have any suggestions?? I have a Genesis mask and I've been using Scubapro D400's in class. My instructor suggested that when I set up my own gear that I use a smaller mouth piece. The one on my snorkel seems to be fine, so do snorkels and regs use the same mouthpiece, the two look very similiar. Thanx in advance. Jeff

Unscrew your second stage and take it to the LDS.

Try on masks at the LDS *with* the second stage in your mouth, and find one that fits. This will require you to spend a little money, but maybe you can sell off the old mask to someone else, or something.

Good luck :)

jonnythan once bubbled...
Unscrew your second stage and take it to the LDS.

Try on masks at the LDS *with* the second stage in your mouth, and find one that fits. This will require you to spend a little money, but maybe you can sell off the old mask to someone else, or something.

Good luck :)

An excellent idea, but one would have to buy a reg first!:D I was hoping I could swap the mouthpiece from my snorkel which doesn't seem to cause the problem or maybe I overlooked something that all the collective knowledge of board might reveal. Thanx for the reply. Jeff

G-lock once bubbled...

An excellent idea, but one would have to buy a reg first!:D I was hoping I could swap the mouthpiece from my snorkel which doesn't seem to cause the problem or maybe I overlooked something that all the collective knowledge of board might reveal. Thanx for the reply. Jeff

Nah, just ask the guy at the LDS to grab a rental reg for you to use to try on masks. Shouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom