Mask clearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually last dive I did.......1st time in about 20 years on a dive--have done it many times in a pool though---and it will be the last, mask started fogging up after about 4 or 5 minutes of intentional flooding.......

April 14th, 2008.

I've never had a problem taking my mask off or putting it back on. The only reason I did it April 14th, 2008 was because the dive guide insisted everyone do a quick check out. He wanted to make sure no one was going to shoot for the surface if they lost their mask.

I flood it occasional just because my mask will sometimes get fogged (didn't spit enough?). Flood it, clear it and I'm good to go.

These things come off?

Actually, on my last dive my goggles kept filling up and I couldn't clear them. (How embarrassment...) It certainly is a good skill to practice!

Last Saturday...while trying to practice mask removal/replacement while maintaining buoyancy control in the water column. Way harder than I thought it would be (previously, I had done mask removal/replacement with my knees on the platform). On the plus side, I finally opened my eyes underwater w/out a mask (and discovered that my contacts remained firmly in place...and that you really can't see crap underwater w/out a mask!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom