Mask Clearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ferris213

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm sorry if this has been explained before (I searched a bit but couldn't find anything)

How do rebreather divers clear their mask? I know almost nothing of how they work but I'm guessing it wouldn't help to loose that volume of gas from the closed system? Does it affect your buoyancy?

Do you always dive with enough OC bailout to complete an ascent including deco? Enough for your buddies as well??

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I'm just wondering. (instead of working...)

I'm sorry if this has been explained before (I searched a bit but couldn't find anything)

How do rebreather divers clear their mask? I know almost nothing of how they work but I'm guessing it wouldn't help to loose that volume of gas from the closed system? Does it affect your buoyancy?

Do you always dive with enough OC bailout to complete an ascent including deco? Enough for your buddies as well??

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I'm just wondering. (instead of working...)

Rebreathers divers clear their masks the same way as OC guys. Low volume masks are naturally better and usually have no effect on loop volume/buoyancy. If you were to lose some loop volume its easily made up by adding gas to the loop via a add valve or other means.

As OC bailout and buddies - you always carry enough gas for your dive and your bailout. As per your buddies - depends on what you are doing. When we do epic dives / penetrations we had a cache of gas along the way. All divers carry enough gas for their dive and emergency contingencies. Some RB units have a buddy light built in which lets your buddy know from a distance when things are amiss. This is a kind of a cool device, but really the user should be monitoring their breather enough to know that things aren't right.

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom