Mask Leaking due to facial hair??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba:
Im going to be bringing in this line in Jan or Feb so if you still want one Ron....I will take care of you for less than $100 :wink:

Feel free to PM me when you get them in. I was impressed with the mask, but I've spent too much lately on gear, and I have XMAS presents to buy! :D

At $100 it's unlikely I'd get one, just too expensive based on the competition. However we can talk if you can do better.

Shark byte thats HILARIOUS!!!! :D You should have heard all the crap the FD guys were giving me......it was a riot...you want me to put some cream you give me on my face?? This a joke? It was a trip.......but they fell in love...even had a lady that has deep smile lines and when she dives with reg in mouth her mask constantly leaks..sealed it.....and I know some on here say they dont mind a leaky mask, but to me I would rather not have to deal with that if I could avoid it........

Jess...you will get enough to last between 30-50 dives depending how much you use and even over a hundred dives for smaller places and amounts of gel....

Dive Right In Scuba:
The beeswax doesnt come off very easy....So JessH now you want to take my idea.....you think its good :wink: ......and it causes a rash on some....

Not trying to steal your idea. If I had a dive shop I might, but since I don't you don't have anything to worry about :)

I am going to try some stuff and see what I like best, in the end I think I will probably just stick with my mask that doesn't leak much and clear it more often, but you never know. Your stuff will definitely come in handy if I ever use my friends full face mask again, that thing didn't like my facial hair too much. I was thinking that I was going to try to make my new mask work for my trip so that my girlfriend could use my old one, but she just bought one herself. The dive shop owner also gave her a full 3mm wetsuit for free, he had a sample from the manufacturer that just happened to be in her size, and since he doesn't plan on carrying them he had no use for it. Why can't I get that lucky?

So my current plan is to fully evaluate both masks with and without various things to keep them from leaking.

~Jess

I have one helluva time with mask leakage when using a regulator. I finally found the best fit for me yet, a Sea Vision Ultra. While it fits better than any other one I've tried & is a bit more forgiving on my stash, it won't seal if I let it grow natural. I have to shave under my nose a bit.

Now, with this mask a fresh, clean shave is no longer needed. It will seal fine with a few days stubble, maybe 3 to 4. But by the end of a week, it's leaking there again.

I personally find a leaky mask annoying, especially when I need to do something looking up, like hunting shovelnose lobsters. I'm generally heads up or even on my back to find the critters & a sealed mask is needed then.

I know this thread is old, so.... Is this product out now? I can't find a mask that doesn't leak under my nose. I'm tired of spending $100 bucks or more and coming up empty. Thanks

I know this thread is old, so.... Is this product out now? I can't find a mask that doesn't leak under my nose. I'm tired of spending $100 bucks or more and coming up empty. Thanks
I have already stated this elsewhere: does not matter what is going on under your nose because the pressure of air in the mask won't let the water in. The only way for the mask to leak is for the air to leak out somewhere at the top. So find a better fitting mask, paying special attention to how good it fits your forehead and temples.

Hi Mike,

Sign me up!!! Let me know when it is on sale and I'll be amongst your first customers.

Thanks for the work on the product development.

Back
Top Bottom