Mask Mist Myths?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBD

I have never heard of them, but there is no harm in asking!!!

Thanks guys!!!!!!

And I found the best time to be on this board is at about midnight my time cause everyone from the US suddenly comes online cause its around 6/7pm your time!!! I can see a few late nights ahead of me...its already 1.40am!!!!!

Time flies when your having fun x

Hey Scuba baby & all,

I use this paste from my LDS. You put it on dry, WAY before the dive and then you let it dry completely, and buff it out! It’s called "Absolutely Clear" and labels itself to be the first all day no fog. It really lives up to its claims. No… I don’t own stock in it either, but I have had other Dive Masters and Instructors notice that I never fuss with my mask.

:all:

I use both kids shampoo (no tears type, mine is orange sent) and 500 psi which is a blue gel in a small container that looks somewhat like a scuba tank. I apply both to a dry mask, let it dry and then swish it off in the water before I dive. Go easy on the 500 psi, its will get too thick if you use too much. I think the key to either is to put it on a dry mask, rub it around and let dry, it's usally the first thing I do before setting up my gear. I then rinse it, just a simple swish in the water, NO rubbing, put it on and in I go. I repeat it every dive.

well... the defog stuff they use in "paintball wars" is VERY good... because (if you can't see when people are shooting guns at you... it's bad) There are several brands that work 100% of the time in all conditions. No particular brand as there are only like 2 that are garunteed safe for paintball..

worth checking into :D

I am very guilty of nose-breathing, and I reccommend Absolutely Clear. It's a paste, and I wasn't sure what to think of that at first. But since it's an "all day" thing, I usually apply it early in the morning before a day's diving, or even the night before. The only downside of it is that you have to apply it, let it dry, and then buff it off. That means if you forget, you can't do it at the last minute. I keep drops in my dive bag in case I do forget, but they don't work very well for me.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom