Massage during a dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mchiapetto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am sure there are posts here I could research but I need a quick answer and the connection speed here in Cozumel is slow.

Are there any concerns with getting a massage during a dive trip? I wonder would there be a possibility of the massage causing more nitrogen to release from tissue into the blood. Or maybe it does not work that way.

We have been in Coz for the last 5 days and diving 3 times per day. Our bodies are feeling the effect of all this activity and a massage sounds wonderful right now. But we do not want to do anything that might not be good for our health.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'd avoid extreme massage techniques such as Rolfing, very deep tissue work & vigorous joint mobilization, which should be easy as in my experience these are not widely practiced on Coz.

A sensible message, however, should pose no DCI issues.

Enjoy.

DocVikingo

It would help the blood flow without exercise and should not be a problem with off-gassing. Since massage is passive, it would not build up more CO2 or N2 at surface pressure. Enjoy yourself.

Robert:doctor:

..and I know where to get a good one. Very fine lady by the name of Brenda works at LaCieba. Her husband is dive instructor and she is a diver herself. Brenda not only does really good work...she is knowledgable about the divingquestions you have. Tell her Lynne from New Mexico told you about her

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom