Matagorda Bay Rigs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chucksaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I hope someone younger and who is not afflicted with CRS remembers this... Last year someone posted some great pics of diving just off Matagorda Bay around some rigs... I am pretty sure it is going to be Spring and Summer sometime in the future and I am getting an itch to start doing some planning...

I am trying to find out who did the posts... I have tried searching the blogs but am find nothin'...

Anyone remember anything like this????

Charlie I Think

You might be talking about some post I have made in the past. I normally run out of Matagorda, Sargent or Freeport to the rigs. But they are in the Gulf not the bay. We normally start diving 10+ miles offshore depending on what the water looks like and what fish we are trying to spear. We dive offshore year round depending on the seas. I may still be young but I don't like to beat myself up rough seas if I can help it. If you have any questions I will help were I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom