Maui-Diving from Lahaina area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want great personal attention, dive with Ed Robinson. On my recent 10 day trip to Maui, I did three trips with Ed Robinson, including the Wednesday Lanai trip. Their two tank select trip usually does Molokini and then the South Maui coast somewhere between Makena Landing and Wailea Point. What is nice about Ed Robinson is the fact that they do not like to double up your dives. On the first day we dove Mid-Reef at Molokini and Roger's off Wailea. On the second day to Molikini we dove Reef's End, which was amazing (3 gray reef sharks, a manta ray, 4 ulua just to name the major sightings) and Wailea point. They had hoped to dive the St Anthony wreck, but there were already 3 boats moored over here and they did not want us to dive in a crowd. On the Lanai trip I had some equipment issues and missed going through 1st Cathedral. When I returned to the boat, the DM waited for everyone to get back and then took me on a private 25 minute dive back to Cathedrals. It was amazing, and because it was 1 on 1, we were able to explore some of the side caves a little further, discovering the largest lobster I have ever seen. It reminded me of the spider from the movie It, the thing was huge. In addition we also saw 3 types of crab, a giant emperor, two octopus trying to flee 5 or 6 of Peacock Grouper, juvenile rock mover wrasse, it was like sensory overload. Have I gone on enough about the great experience with Ed Robinson. I would like to thank Will, Joe, Mark, Dave, Amy & Ricardo, they made these trips amazing.

I go back to Mike Severns in Kihei over and over - excellent personalized service on a boat with a head - what more could you want?

Lots of good advice above - When I did the backwall (with B&B - good op) we had 2 newly certified divers along (they finished the week before I believe) but it was good conditions - Pacific Dive is a good shop, but as noted they do not have a boat, they sell trips on other boats (along with other activities)

Aloha, Tim

razz917:
Making the trip to Maui in Aug. 2005. I don't expect anyone to bad mouth operators but: If you know Maui diving and if you had a preference, would you dive with Turtle Reef, Pacific Dive, or Dive & Sea in Kihei and make the drive. I always prefer the smaller boats with personalized service. There doesn't seem to be anyone boasting about it around Lahaina/Kanapalii - only Dive&Sea about 45 min. south. Does anyone have any experience with these shops? Thanks!!! Oh yeah...if you could only dive ONE day off Maui, would you do Molikini or Lanai Cathedrals?

dive molokini with B&B scuba. the cathedrals are cool but the reefs end drift dive is *****in. if you go to the cathedrals go with extended horizons

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom