Mauritius divers 7hrs drifting all ok

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad to hear that everyone was OK, but I can't help but comment on the article...

1976 called, it wants its reporter back! Really, we still need to play the shark-infested waters card?

No real explanation of what happened or why the boat was not there when they surfaced. Very lucky in the end.

This article with a bit more info. Says it was June, and the captain and DM were found negligent. The company who was in charge also blames the DM, because of this, from when they surfaced:

At that point, the couple say they were just 50 yards from the shore of Gunner’s Quoin. But, incredibly, the dive master feared they would be washed into nearby rocks, so he ordered them to swim away from the island.

A little interesting on the testimonies, in that they said the storm made it so black they could hardly see each other. So I was thinking it was night. But then they said they were rescued a little later at 5:15 p.m.

Story Here in Daily Mail

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom