Max Pressure for 1st Stage . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coinking

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some advice/guidance please. I own a Titan LX Supreme (yoke). I'm considering purchasing a high pressure steel cylinder (3442 psi working pressure). The owner's manual for Titan LX Supreme indicates 3300 psi max for yoke. Would I still be able to use my regulator on a HP steel cylinder filled to its 3442 psi working pressure or am I risking damage to my 1st stage? How much wiggle room is there in the max pressure for a reg?

Most likely you will not have any issue with it.. most likely.

If you want High Pressure i.e 300 bar or 4300 psi, it is best to go DIN . You should be able to source a DIN conversion kit for Titan.

Here you go:

Aqua Lung 300 Bar Din Conversion Kit for Titan Regulators

The are easy to swap over. And if you're going on vacation, simply swap it back to Yoke.

The innards of your 1st stage can easily handle the pressure, it's only the strength of the yoke part that's in question. Things to consider are:

1) you'll likely never see your tank @ 3442 psi anyway, if you are lucky, it might get hot filled @ 3442 but will cool down some so the odds are high your real-world pressures your reg will see will be at or below 3300 psi anyway.

2) the 3300 psi rating is most likely conservative and your yoke has a real world strength more than adequate for 3442 psi.

3) even assuming you tank starts at 3442 psi, you will soon breathe the tank below 3300 psi anyway, unless you're leaving your reg pressurized on the tank long before the dive, and the other two things I mentioned will probably make this consideration a moot point anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom