Max torque for A700 cover screws?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uglyduckling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there, i just removed my A700's cover to clean the diaphragm, i have a T10 but i'm a bit scared to screw the cover back that i might over tightening or not tighten it enough knowing it's made of brass (i know I should've thought of if before removing the cover).

Maybe someone here knows the torque spec for these T10 screws? (i have a torque wrench)

I have a torque wrench and used it few times. Now i just hand tighten it, once it stops just give it slight more force and you'll be fine. It's not that delicate, just don't go crazy with it!

This is coming from someone who had broken many (automotive) bolts in the past. With age, I have learned to be gentle. ha ha

I have a torque wrench and used it few times. Now i just hand tighten it, once it stops just give it slight more force and you'll be fine. It's not that delicate, just don't go crazy with it!

This is coming from someone who had broken many (automotive) bolts in the past. With age, I have learned to be gentle. ha ha
i don't trust my strength, but unfortunately i lost 1 screw so i have a bigger problem now... time to start another thread

I have a service video on the A700, it recommends 6.2 inch pounds
Replacements are most easily found at a SP dealer but a slot or Phillips would work until you get a replacement. They should be stainless steel but for a temporary fix, brass would do.

Back
Top Bottom