MaxAir compressors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasprout

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any comments or concerns regarding MaxAir compressors? I am looking at a Max Air 90 and appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

I have a CE90 which works fine as part of my home fill station. It came from a small dive shop. They are made by Coltri-Sub and rebranded. Personally I would want something a little bigger than 10 CFM for a dive shop. I have heard stories of bearings being an issue since they are only splash lubed, not lubed with a pressure pump.

Are you looking at a used one or a new one? If used, how many hours are on it?

Their 90 is indeed a re-branded Coltri MCH16. It has long been a great workhorse in the Coltri line and I have no doubt that it will last a long time when taken care of. The splash lubrication works great and we have LOTS of dive shops using that machine.

However, Peter raises some good questions. If it is used, how long has it run and why are they getting rid of it?

And if you are looking at a new machine, how big is your current compressor? That is usually a great place to start from when looking at replacement.

Their 90 is indeed a re-branded Coltri MCH16. It has long been a great workhorse in the Coltri line and I have no doubt that it will last a long time when taken care of. The splash lubrication works great and we have LOTS of dive shops using that machine.
Well then it sounds like the lubrication is a non issue, and why I used the word "stories".

As a dive shop, how many bank bottles do you currently have, and what pressure? Do you have a booster? What kind of filtration?

We currently have a Mako 8cfm. We have a 7 bottle bank, 3 are 4500 and 4 are 3500. We have been looking at new and used Makos and new MaxAir.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom