Maximum wave height for scuba diving in SE Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Wednesday is still looking good at 2-3 footers. Thursday may be a little dicey but I think manageable

That's exactly what I'm seeing.

Keep in mind the weather can still change and it can end up being more favorable, just wanted to give you the heads up.

I'm thinking, as you said that Wed/Thurs is all good, if nothing changes, hoping Friday-Sunday won't be a blowout for other dives I have planned in Jupiter and Boynton, looks like the peak winds are Friday.

Yes, subject to change but the trend has been towards more wind and the forecasts have been consistent over the past week.

Wow, well that went from bad.... to worse :mad:

Screen-Shot-2019-04-15-at-7-47-29-PM.png

..How are you doing in Florida?
Several dive boats went out this morning. I know Wetter the Better was full. One of my guys (Chuckitall) said it was incredible top to bottom crystal clear viz, but 3-5's. Friday is going to be tough getting out of the inlet at 6-8 footers.

Went out yesterday on loggerhead. Great dives. Nice viz and 79 degree water. No sharks, a few eels, lots of spade fish, and the biggest lion I've ever seen. Also a very friendly goliath. Just 4 people on the boat made it nice. Calm in the beginning but seas started getting a bit choppy.

Went out today with Walker bay in west palm. Big seas.... full boat.... some cookies were tossed. But great dives. Saw humongous loggerhead, sawfish, quite a few lemons. Another huge school of spadefish. Also a cool anemone. Was a DM led dive.... glad I didn't have to carry a flag in the ripping current. Separately, some guy speared a nice amberjack and another a yellow jack.
Also... got bitten on the ear by a trigger. I feel so violated...#metoo.

Looks like tomorrow is a bust but Saturday ok as winds turn westerly.

@scubadada

Went out yesterday on loggerhead. Great dives. Nice viz and 79 degree water. No sharks, a few eels, lots of spade fish, and the biggest lion I've ever seen. Also a very friendly goliath. Just 4 people on the boat made it nice. Calm in the beginning but seas started getting a bit choppy.

Went out today with Walker bay in west palm. Big seas.... full boat.... some cookies were tossed. But great dives. Saw humongous loggerhead, sawfish, quite a few lemons. Another huge school of spadefish. Also a cool anemone. Was a DM led dive.... glad I didn't have to carry a flag in the ripping current. Separately, some guy speared a nice amberjack and another a yellow jack.
Also... got bitten on the ear by a trigger. I feel so violated...#metoo.

Looks like tomorrow is a bust but Saturday ok as winds turn westerly.

@scubadada
Hi Andrew,

I've still never seen a sawfish, will keep trying

Loggerhead with a light load is luxury. Who was driving, Jim or Alex?

The Grey Triggers can be very aggressive

Very best and good diving, Craig

Hi Andrew,

I've still never seen a sawfish, will keep trying

Loggerhead with a light load is luxury. Who was driving, Jim or Alex?

The Grey Triggers can be very aggressive

Very best and good diving, Craig
Jim driving. Alex was doing some U/W photography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom