May, 2019 UAE (Fujairah) photos/report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for sharing. Sad you only got 1 trip to Fujairah - maybe next time stay a few nights there - or stay/dive in Khasab, last time we went north the water was not that green:)

(Did you try contacting Al Boom? I had the impression they do trips to Fujairah every Friday?)

I worked for Al Boom back in the day, spent lots of time in Fujairah.....very memorable dives.

There's more to the east coast than Al Boom, e.g. Freestyle, Sandy Beach, Divers Down to name but a few on the northern side and off Fujairah proper you have Barracuda with less crowded sites too.

Ahhh the usual morni circus on Inch 1 with dozens of divers, who really shouldn't be at that depth kick up the sand, coral and fish life. And unable descend nor ascend with out physically climbing up or down the line.

The best time to dive this wreck is early to mid afternoon when the carnage is over and the fish life has returned.

I'd love to know who was teaching his/her deep class, kneeling on the sand (5:46) If they haven't mastered the basic ability to be neutral then they shouldn't be at this depth

I'd love to know who was teaching his/her deep class, kneeling on the sand (5:46) If they haven't mastered the basic ability to be neutral then they shouldn't be at this depth

The clue is in the video - not surprised.

There's more to the east coast than Al Boom, e.g. Freestyle, Sandy Beach, Divers Down to name but a few on the northern side and off Fujairah proper you have Barracuda with less crowded sites too.
I was in Dubai so I was hoping to book a dive charter from there that included transportation. I e-mailed those East coast dive ops (with the exception of Sandy Beach) and they didn't respond. Like in many countries in the area now, nobody uses e-mail anymore. Whats app seems to be the communication method of choice over there. I didn't have a smart phone that worked locally so I was stuck with e-mail or a land line. I was considering finding my own way to the East Coast, staying the night in a hotel there and trying to set up a dive trip in person. My concern was spending that time and money only to find out that the charters weren't able to take me out for some reason. The lesson I learned is to start trying to set up a dive charter a few weeks in advance.

Quick call to Divers Down or Sandy Beach or Freestyle would have solved that. As far as I know all of them dive daily if a customer pitches up.

You should have given us a heads up prior to coming over, we could have arranged something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom