May 25th Peacock Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
All participants of the NSS-CDS workshop Peacock Springs will be open for an afterhours dive May25th until 10:00pm.

Diving must be limted to the Peacock 1 entrance.
No cavern diving allowed since it will be dark
Must exit the park by 10:00pm

Shut up Tegg, don't be so silly. How old are you, like 10?

Back to important matters:

Last year there was beer afterwards at the Dive Outpost (but not for long because Tom brought all of the Aggies to the social). If Tom brings them again this year, he better also have them bring their own keg(s)!!!!!! A bunch of young folks and a 1/4 barrel of beer does not go far peoples, be ready for them, get more beer!

Jordan:
Shut up Tegg, don't be so silly. How old are you, like 10?

Back to important matters:

Last year there was beer afterwards at the Dive Outpost (but not for long because Tom brought all of the Aggies to the social). If Tom brings them again this year, he better also have them bring their own keg(s)!!!!!! A bunch of young folks and a 1/4 barrel of beer does not go far peoples, be ready for them, get more beer!

Look, just because you get jealous of those of us who would rather scooter by the light of cyalume rather then use the bandwagon light of HID, doesn't mean you need to attack me in such a manner on the interweb....

BTW, If you weren't so cheap, you could bring an extra keg this time for the rest of us.... :pity_part

I've had the opportunity for the rare legal night dive at Peacock,and the cavern sure looks different at night time,especially when the water is clear,and no lights out there.

Er , have you seen the water in the basin at P1 lately??? :11:

Guess I'll be doing CROWD CONTROL at the social on Friday night. Not that I mind. I surely remember all those "aggies" showing up last year. (gads)
What a riot that was.

Jeano Beano

P.S. Better take dem scooters over to LR while you can ... :D
Dat State Park is a commin down the line.
Now those of us that don't scooter , well , er , uh ...
(we keeps quiet)

jeandiver:
P.S. Better take dem scooters over to LR while you can ... :D
Dat State Park is a commin down the line.
Now those of us that don't scooter , well , er , uh ...
(we keeps quiet)
Manatee (a State park) allows scooters. Do you have some inside info or are you just speculating?

Jason B:
Manatee (a State park) allows scooters. Do you have some inside info or are you just speculating?

Manatee has allowed DPVs for quite awhile,and Peacock did too,but Peacock placed it in their management plan 10 years ago to prevent DPVs for conservation purposes. Also when the state has acquired other properties like Madison,Lafayette Blue and Emerald,scootering bans were put in place.

karstdvr:
Manatee has allowed DPVs for quite awhile,and Peacock did too,but Peacock placed it in their management plan 10 years ago to prevent DPVs for conservation purposes. Also when the state has acquired other properties like Madison,Lafayette Blue and Emerald,scootering bans were put in place.

Yes , what he just said ... :D
I was speculating...sort of.
Maybe they will follow the Peacock/Madison trend.

I know with special permits you can bring scooters into Madison etc...

But we shall see.

Jeano Beano

P.S. But maybe I can put some feelers out with the Park Rangers down here. Lets see , where's my bribe money :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom