MDX 40D + NX50 Dome Port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shamanix

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!
Some time ago i bought Mdx 40d housing with NX 50 dome port.Im trying to put them together but it just doenst work.Ive tryed to look for some information on Dome Port and coudnt find anything at all.
Does anybody know if those two are compatible? ...or its just me?:crafty:

HI-
We are unfamiliar with the NX 50 dome port. If the port is an NX series (Fisheye, Compact, Optical) the bayonet mount is compatible with DX and MDX series housings. If you can provide any additional information or images we will do our best to help solve your issue.

Thank you for your time! IMG_2363.jpgIMG_2364.jpgIMG_2365.jpg
That Dome does mount onto a housing.The problem is-when i want to rotate into Close position,that af/mf changer hits the handle.it would not make much sense to take the handle off,mount the dome and put the handle back on.Even so,af/mf changer would be right in the middle of a hande.Im a bit puzzled....

Hi Shamanix-
Thanks for the images. Unfortunately, this dome is not compatible with DX or MDX digital housings. As you have found, the AF/MF adjustment knob can hit the housing or interfere with proper locking and assembly. This was designed for use with film (FX) housings several years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom