MDX-D300 will fit the new D300s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vktam

Registered
Reaction score
I suspect that the new D300s may not fit in MDX-D300 housing because of the slight change in the layout of the back panel and positions of some buttons plus an addition of a new button for video mode. I am wondering if Sea & Sea has any plan to modify the MDX-D300 housing to fit the new camera? I wish S&S can offer such a modified housing before my dive trip by mid September 2009.

Thanks,

VK

My guess is that there is no way there will be anything available by mid September. I am in the same boat as you. I have the Sea&Sea housing, but I am not optimistic about them offering a modified housing (or a new back to the housing). I hope I am wrong.

IMHO after they missed the D90 train, they SHOULD do a slightly modified MDX-D300s housing.
Or they will risk loosing more market share!!! The project is already in the computer, I guess some minor change in the AF selector and the right side of the back plate will do, and they might even get the optical cable this time.

Hi,
We will have some information within 3-4 weeks after thorough examination of the D300s camera body. At this time, there is no information available regarding date of release, whether a new MDX-D300s housing would be available or a modified MDX-D300. When information is received we will update the website.

Hi,
We will have some information within 3-4 weeks after thorough examination of the D300s camera body. At this time, there is no information available regarding date of release, whether a new MDX-D300s housing would be available or a modified MDX-D300. When information is received we will update the website.

Hi Sea & Sea,

I just want to follow up on this. Any good news available so far?

Thanks and regards,

Vince

UPDATE:
A new MDX-D300s housing is in development, new details to be announced this Fall. The currrent MDX-D300 is not compatible with Nikon's new D300s due to rear case camera and button changes.

-------------------
HI-
We are awaiting information from SEA&SEA Japan and do not have an update at this time. Thanks for your continued patience.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
A new MDX-D300s housing is in development, new details to be announced this Fall. The currrent MDX-D300 is not compatible with Nikon's new D300s due to rear case camera and button changes.

-------------------
HI-
We are awaiting information from SEA&SEA Japan and do not have an update at this time. Thanks for your continued patience.

That's a great news. I will wait for this housing. For the time being, need to dig out my old Nikonos V for the upcoming dive trip. Please keep me posted when further news is available on this new housing.

Thanks,

Vincent

HI there,

Further to your update in Sept 09, I thought S&S is going to annouced details of the new MDX-D300x housing. When will the new housing be available? I need this in order to decide whether I should keep on waiting or to get something else before my next dive trip.

Thanks,

Vincent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom