Suggestion Members: If you want to track a thread please don't post "Following"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
C

caruso

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How many of us click on a thread that has been updated, hoping to read something new and interesting and are greeted with a previously unread post that says nothing more than "Following", because a member wants to keep track of a particular thread and doesn't know the proper way to do it?

For those members who make those noncontributory time wasting posts, this thread is for you. You can simply click on "watch thread" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on any thread rather than making an irrelevant post to the effect of "Following" which bumps the thread to the top of the forum for no good reason.

You're welcome.

If you are posting from your phone and you don't see the "Watch Thread" link, then try rotating your phone 90 degrees and view the site in landscape view. Same for the "post edit" button which at least for me is not visible if I'm holding the phone in the typical orientation.

:popcorn::popcorn: Also let’s try to refrain from not addressing the question or point of the thread. So many threads here will ask something along the lines of “ Need advice regarding .... and usually within the first response or 3 will be a reply .... I’ve never been to (or used ) .... Totally worthless response! ......

Also let’s try to refrain from not addressing the question or point of the thread. .... Totally worthless response! ......

Reminds me of those Amazon questions and answers. There can be dozens of useful answers regarding a question someone has asked about a product they have purchased or want to purchase, but there's always a couple in there to the effect of "I don't know, never tried it". Seriously what are these people thinking?

I know this thread has a topic but could we talk about something else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom