Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It took me more than an hour to get this shot. Not perfect, but it was my first attempt and I'm a newbie photographer.

Canon 450D, 18-55mm

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 174
Nice shots. I love the green on the first one. Humming birds are kind of fun to photograph because you can get some neat effects with their wings.

Most of the shots ended up in the bin because the darn things never stay in one place for more than a second or two. You'd think they drink Red Bulls from sun up to sun down. :D

Love the first one. Is it comming to a feeder?
Just thinking, if it's a feeder can you, use a tripod and remote, preset the focal distance, and set to continuous.
Then play with the depth of field and speed.

Love the first one. Is it comming to a feeder?
Just thinking, if it's a feeder can you, use a tripod and remote, preset the focal distance, and set to continuous.
Then play with the depth of field and speed.

They were taken outside the office at CocoView, at the feeders. I didn't have a tripod, nor do I have a remote. Being that they are constantly on the move, and there were several places for them to feed at, I'm not sure a remote would work. Most of the time they were being sneaky by feeding on the opposite side that I was on. I moved to the back side of the feeder, and they would move to the front.

Johnix: Stunning work! Absolutely gorgeous!

5561574173_552c1c08a4_z.jpg

5553403278_583140db7e_z.jpg

5552815775_17e86a2dc1_z.jpg

5552815293_dc70230faf_z.jpg

I was expecting a great trip. Without a doubt it greatly exceeded my expectations. Lovely place, great time of year to visit and lots of new adventures and experiences. Eleven dives with 15+ hours of bottom time on Al 80's and no stages and almost no deco. Thanks to buddies , Guy and Al ( Acted as Guilds ) Cindy and Johnathon. Also want to thank Connie and Steve for recommendations of new sites. So many places to visit and so little time. Some sites I could have spent a whole month at and only started to learn the system and with 300 of them around to dive you can do the math. Amazing fragile place that is booming. Hope Mexico puts some controls in to protect the environment. Some of the ceiling of the caves were within a foot or two of the surface. Cenotes were just everywhere.
Its also a small world. Ran into a Flickr Friend and FB friend who is guild down there at a remote site ( Over 30 min down a dirt road ) just by chance. She is living her dream working there as a guild.

Flickr: tomhauburn's Photostream
Nikon D200 Tokina 10-17 D125

Love the last photo. On my laptop it looks almost like an oil painting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom