Memorial Weekend II....new info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I thought I'd bring this to the surface....

I talked to Doug Faulkner at Dive Texas to let him know we'd have 20+ diver descending on him that weekend. He was thrilled! He assued me he could provide all the air we could use. For those needing Nitrox, he's getting an extra O2 cylinder just in case we bleed him dry! He can provide up to 50% O2 for those technical divers who may want it for some of their dive plans.

His regular re-fill price for air is $4 but for our group when we bring multiple tanks he's charging us $2 per tank. I forgot to ask about Nitrox but I'm sure he'll make us a deal.

Doug also is extending his hours for Memorial weekend...8am until dark, which is around 9pm. He said if we need anything outside those hours just to let him know and he would make sure to get us covered. Now THAT'S what I call service!

The phone number for Dive Texas at the dam is 512/219-8131.

Woo, thats awesome news :)

*excited*

(I just might have my AOW by then, too! :wink: )

Jeff

That is good news!!!

We are going to have to think of a really cool thank you prezzie for him.

Now to just hit him up for coordiates of really cool dive sites.

I'm thinking seriously of joining you at Lake Travis on Memorial Day weekend. It would be a chance to get to know some of you before the trip in August, and an opportunity to get Dee the remainder of my money. Only one problem....I have no camping equipment, so I'm going to have to find a hotel in Round Rock to crash at. That's not a big deal...I've done that twice now, for both my open water and advanced open water weekends.

When do you need to know for sure? And will it be the usual price for each day's diving?

Please let me know. I'm really looking forward to diving with you guys! :)

Ken

Originally posted by ScubaTexan
I'm thinking seriously of joining you at Lake Travis on Memorial Day weekend. It would be a chance to get to know some of you before the trip in August, and an opportunity to get Dee the remainder of my money. Only one problem....I have no camping equipment, so I'm going to have to find a hotel in Round Rock to crash at. That's not a big deal...I've done that twice now, for both my open water and advanced open water weekends.

When do you need to know for sure? And will it be the usual price for each day's diving?

Please let me know. I'm really looking forward to diving with you guys! :)

Ken

Ken....just let us know as soon as you can. Be sure to bring your $5-10 chinese auction prize (can be something you no longer use out of your scuba toy chest!). We're going to try to have a community cook out Sat. night so bring a piece of cow to throw on the pit.

As far as I know, the $5 day price is still the same. If you aren't camping, that should be all.

Glad you'll be joining us!

The closest Hotel to dive site I remember is on HWY 183...a Days Inn thing...runs about $50-60 per night.

However, Artsprite got something REALLY cheep via Priceline.com over halloween dive near Hwy 183 and Mopac.

A tent, pad, and sleeping bag can be purchased for $75-ish from WalMart. And then you get to keep and re-use it.

OK, count me in. I will try to get there on Friday afternoon and find accomodations when I arrive. Look forward to seeing everyone there, both on shore and underwater. :)

Ken

Since I don't have any camping gear right now :(, I'm going to have to rough it in a hotel. TexasMike mentioned a couple of them around, but I usually stay in one off 35 in Round Rock...kinda outta the way, I know, but it's pretty nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom