Mental health during the Pandemic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is great advice since we all respond to stress differently.
Please be safe and follow guidelines given forth by health experts to avoid a high viral load.

I have found that relaxation breathing techniques and long hot baths listening to sounds of the ocean has improved my mental health during the Pandemic.
I was forced to do a 14 day police ordered quarantine in a hotel room on my own. It was tricky but a bit of the above and watching a netflix show on innocent people that had done serious jail time gave me some perspective and made all the difference.

I’ve been into social distancing since way before it became trendy, the period of no diving was a bit rough.

I am the same. Luckily, I was able to continue diving throughout the virus cluster.

DW

I tell the few folks I see to keep safe. My wife says I'm a hermit, so the pandemic has not really affected me, other than a couple of medical procedures I still haven't been able to get. But my doctors say not to worry, as I was able to get a CT scan in April. Only thing that really is a bummer is not being able to play my concerts in NY this summer (haven't missed that 7 weeks since 1986). My diving here in NS has been unaffected since it's mostly solo shore dives. I'm one of the lucky ones who needs not find ways to stay sane (if that's how you'd describe me in normal times...).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom