Mermaid I or II Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's no top sundeck on MM II. There is a large sundeck in front of the captains rooms for navigating the ship, whatever that's called. I personally like the BENCH on MM I (as opposed toe the deck, for lying down) on MMI.

YMMV

Only experience with MM 1 but it was fantastic. 14 days/15 nights last year doing the Sorong -> Maumere passage. I was in the top bunk in the budget cabin, and it was comfortable.

Only experience with MM 1 but it was fantastic. 14 days/15 nights last year doing the Sorong -> Maumere passage. I was in the top bunk in the budget cabin, and it was comfortable.

Mermaid I is great. Personally I would never again do the budget cabin, and definitely not on the top bunk. But then, I am an old fart.

Know that, if you do a crossing trip, you will be sailing a lot, like nearly every night. If you do a Raja trip, there are many calm nights where you will be at anchor enjoying a flat sea.

- Bill

Mermaid I is great. Personally I would never again do the budget cabin, and definitely not on the top bunk. But then, I am an old fart.

Know that, if you do a crossing trip, you will be sailing a lot, like nearly every night. If you do a Raja trip, there are many calm nights where you will be at anchor enjoying a flat sea.

- Bill

I was absolutely astounded that I didn't fall out of bed once, despite all the sailing, and the sometimes not the calmest seas. (Although from what I hear, our crossing was pretty calm relative to past years.)

- Bill

Was the bed long enough for you or have your knees bent or your feet dangling over the bed ledge while sleeping, Bill?

Was the bed long enough for you or have your knees bent or your feet dangling over the bed ledge while sleeping, Bill?
Ha ha very funny. I’ve never heard that joke before!

Actually it is a decent question. Mermaid two and mermaid one both work. Mermaid II only works because there are two bunks, I take the bottom bunk which is larger than the top bunk. There is a wall at each end.

On mermaid one, there are queen size beds and my feet stick out the end of the bed.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom