Mermaids or Aquanauts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had a similar experience being led by inexperienced leaders and it's really a drag.

Nothing worse than when your leader forgets to change tanks and freaks out underwater. Then swims back hard to the boat not keeping tabs on the people he was leading. Then doesn't even think to switch tanks and take the divers back out even after I suggested it he felt it wasn't an option.

The previous dive the leader couldn't handle an under-weighted diver, surfaced with that diver during our decent without letting the others know. We waited for 1 minute then surfaced. In his diving brief he pointed out the 1 minute rule. You would think that he would follow it! So we ascended and he wasn't there. We waited for more than 5 minutes for him to surface perhaps closer to 10. When he surfaced he was a good 80 meters from the boat. Needless to say, he aborted the remainder of the dive and told us to lead ourselves if we wanted to get a dive in.

These were both dives under 12M.

To the Ops credit, I was given a free day of diving. The others didn't ask and weren't offered the free diving.

How do you like that? Can anyone top that one?

LK no need to respond as we have already heard yours.

Yes I can top that!

3 customer, I paired with a other diver
1 customer paired with the "DM" Canadian guy, forgot the name.
I didn't had much experience yet.

deep somewhat 25 meter.
After a while someone pointed out that we are just 3 people. The DM lost his buddy.
A bit of searching.....nothing
he told us to wait down and surfaced.
long time nothing till we decided to surface as well.
His buddy had one hose blown. he was fresh from the Open Water training (25m????).
OK he got a new tank.
We continued.....25 meter
After a while I got low on air (I had no new tank).
I signaled 50 bar OK
40 bar OK
30 bar OK
till 20-25 meter deep
at a point I just gave the signal that I surface, he wasn't happy with that.
I think during the 3 min safety stop I was at 15 or so bar (can't recall) and gave him the signal that I don't get any air anymore and took his Octopus (because I thought better have a bit left).
Afterwards he complained that no air isn't a problem I could have continued the dive on his Octopus.
Later I saw one DM trying to screw my DIN into a INT tank.....

Afterwards he complained that no air isn't a problem I could have continued the dive on his Octopus.
Later I saw one DM trying to screw my DIN into a INT tank.....

:shocked2:

How do you like that? Can anyone top that one?

I had one that entered the water without weights and his air was turned off, despite before the dive stating the importance of buddy checks.

:shocked2:
At this time I was also relative new to diving and thought he knows what he does.
And it was at 20-25 meter deep.
If you swim to the beach at 5-4-3 meter somewhere (instead of a safety stop, dive in the shallow) than this wouldn't be a problem.
the other guy was complete fresh from open water.

He did it real good...air full blowing, he just accent slowly, he still got enough air.
(I remember his octopus hose broke, but I might be wrong, because all the inside between the layers of the hose was full with rust, so it might be the high pressure hose, as well he told he could breath normally). Alone, 25 meter, fresh from OW hose brake. very slow accent.....That was great. Cool guy.....

that guy who tried to screw my DIN into the INT....DM from Finland. Maybe he was a bit drunk. But he tried for 1 minute, screwing it without any hole there.
Than he told he never saw anything like that.
(From zero to hero DM every day on the same spots, I guess).

but beside that, real nice guys....one invited me to cake and the other to beer.

that guy who tried to screw my DIN into the INT....DM from Finland. Maybe he was a bit drunk. But he tried for 1 minute, screwing it without any hole there.
Than he told he never saw anything like that.
(From zero to hero DM every day on the same spots, I guess).

A drunk dive pro, surely not!!!! Appologies for the sarcasm.

Yes h90, from what I have seen there seems to be a lot of people that have dived and trained exclusively in the Pattaya area. Maybe this could have been a factor in my dissatisfaction last year?

A drunk dive pro, surely not!!!! Appologies for the sarcasm.

Yes h90, from what I have seen there seems to be a lot of people that have dived and trained exclusively in the Pattaya area. Maybe this could have been a factor in my dissatisfaction last year?

Sorry I didn't write it clear....The maybe drunk DM, was not diving on that day.
So no blame that he brought anyone into danger by being drunk.....
I also saw DM smoking Marijuana on the boat, but also AFTER the dive. But it looks super proffessional in the eye of the customer if the DM has eyes like a rabbit and is super relaxed hahahaha

Penguintom, you just can't resist having a pop can you? I've been following your comments for the past couple of weeks and until now have held my peace. I have dived with some of the Pattaya Dive Centers that you have been rubbishing recently and have enjoyed a much more positive experience. Could it be that your lack of experience is the real reason why you have had such a hard time? Maybe the 6 meter vis is just too tricky for you! IMHO it would be better for all concerned if you simply buddied up with LK and did your diving elsewhere. Regarding the 'drunk dive pro' I would think that spending a day on the boat with you would be enough to make any sane person hit the bottle!!!

Penguintom, you just can't resist having a pop can you? I've been following your comments for the past couple of weeks and until now have held my peace. I have dived with some of the Pattaya Dive Centers that you have been rubbishing recently and have enjoyed a much more positive experience. Could it be that your lack of experience is the real reason why you have had such a hard time? Maybe the 6 meter vis is just too tricky for you! IMHO it would be better for all concerned if you simply buddied up with LK and did your diving elsewhere. Regarding the 'drunk dive pro' I would think that spending a day on the boat with you would be enough to make any sane person hit the bottle!!!

Wow your the definition of patient. Only one post so far. You must be a slow reader. Not commenting on the substance of your post just got a chuckle out of the fact that it was your first....I smell a sockpuppet.

John

First posting and personally attacking someone? reading for weeks without joining SB and than just joining to attack Penguintom??
Strange very strange

Agreed. We do not need more bickering. SB's system does a pretty good job of checking for duplicate users under different IDs based on IP addresses, but I gotta wonder if this is a ghost userID.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom