mermet springs or gilboa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwaite

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new diver, living in Indianapolis. It appears that Mermet Springs in IL and Gilboa in OH are two possible choices for diving within driving distance for me. If any of you have dived both spots, I would like to know which site you recommend. Also, if anyone knows of any dive spots closer to Indy, please let me know.

Thanks!

I like Gilboa the best. We are there almost every weekend including this week. Haigh quarry (momence Ill) is closer and also offers some nice diving. Our shop is in Lafayette give us a call if you need someone to dive with. France park (Logansport) is good diving at least part of the year but the management is less than diver freindly.

Thanks for the info. I assume that you use dry suits at Gilboa this time of year. Correct?

I use a dry suit everywhere at all times of year. Around here once you get below 60 ft or so the temp only changes by a few degrees throughout the year. Besides that I'm one of those that gets cold in a hot shower. When I do get a chance to dive warm water I just wear less insulation and it sure is nice to be warm, dry and comfortable between dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom