Mesh tank protectors?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I don't know what kind of mesh protector you have. I don't remove mine. Anyway in Warsaw you can't dive in a pool without it on the tank.
Mania

You can leave them on, as they're there to protect the tank, but I know a lot of people who take them off, because the edges of the mesh get caught on the tank bands when you try to slip them on and it just gets annoying.

Lose the mesh completely. It's a tank and will get scratched sooner or later.

DavidHickey:
Bought my 1st tank this weekend and bought a mesh tank protector to go over the tank. Dumb question, but I never really thought about it. Do you remove the mesh protectors when you attach to your BCD or is it alright to leave on?
Thanks
David

cdiver2:
Dont wash your car it will get dirty sooner or later
Put a big mesh net around your car. It looks dumb, gets caught on everything and hurts the aerodynamics. No thanks...

Actually David, if you use the mesh, you leave it on all the time. What people are saying here is that some of us find it more harm than help. Others like the thing. But the answer to your queston is that it stays on.

Rick Inman:
Put a big mesh net around your car. It looks dumb, gets caught on everything and hurts the aerodynamics. No thanks...

Bet it would be hard to start the car down there as well, with or without mesh. :wink:

But not in OW.

The instructors use them in the pool because it makes them easy to identify as these are neon green, and one can then easily identify them from behind.

I've noticed none of them wear them when doing OW instruction. I asked why and they indicated they were a pain in the rear, got junk stuck in them, had to be removed to clean, etc..

Not sure why anyone would use them other than instructors unless one is into pretty. If that is the case, no weat suit is going to make a fashion statement :11:

Ron

DavidHickey:
Bought my 1st tank this weekend and bought a mesh tank protector to go over the tank. Dumb question, but I never really thought about it. Do you remove the mesh protectors when you attach to your BCD or is it alright to leave on?
Thanks
David

This is an aside to the discussion at hand. If you're planning on diving much on wrecks then lose the mesh, at least while on the wreck. The last thing you need is to get snagged from behind where you can't reach. Same thing goes for the tabs on your drysuit zipper. Anything that *can* get hung up on a wreck *will* get hung up on a wreck.

R..

Remove them and beat the store owner over the head who sold you it in the first place...........

Back
Top Bottom