Michael McQuillen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update: Diver's body found | 10connects.com | Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater

Update: Clearwater Fire and Rescue divers have found the body of missing diver Michael McQuillen about 20-miles off shore Sunday afternoon. Clearwater authorities say McQuillen was diving with a group when he got separated.

Missing diver's body found off Johns Pass | WFTS-TV

CLEARWATER, FL -- The body of a diver who went missing Saturday afternoon has been found off the Clearwater Coast.

Divers with Clearwater Fire Rescue discovered the body of 29-year-old Michael McQuillen of Lakeland Sunday afternoon in about 80 feet of water, just over 24 hours from when he was first reported missing.

McQuillen was among a group of divers about 27 miles off John's Pass when he became separated from his group.

A crew member from the 24-foot boat, called Lori's Other Half, phoned the Coast Guard just before 1 pm Saturday , saying that McQuillen had not surfaced.

He was reported to be an experienced diver, and was wearing a wet suit, fins, and an air tank when he went under water, Coast Guard Officials said.

An HH-60 Jayhawk rescue helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater and the St. Petersburg-based Coast Guard Cutter Alligator, an 87-foot patrol boat were among the Coast Guard vessels that took part in the search. /End

:sad:

I got a lump in my throat when I saw that the body was found. My heart goes out to his family. Does anyone know how he was seperated from his group??:depressed:

Last edited:
This sucks

Very sad. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Michael McQuillen was lost on Saturday. The Coast Guard has recovered his body.

I'll be keeping him and his family in my prayers.

Back
Top Bottom