Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders, Add your favorite dive spots to our directory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe 45 feet if you find the right hole :)

We're dying to get out and get wet sometime. Not sure when though. Hopefully one of those weekends!

Summersville has several boats under water to look at. We usually shore dive at the winter boat ramp. We frequently go to Mt Storm. And Portage Quarry in Ohio is loaded with stuff to see. There are cars, trucks, boats, a silo, tractor trailer, an airplane with a skeleton in the cockpit among other things.

Maybe 45 feet if you find the right hole :)

We're dying to get out and get wet sometime. Not sure when though. Hopefully one of those weekends!
Well, let me know - email cindyfox@cindyfox.com or give a call sometime - 602-692-8923 cell. I'll be in G-burg all of June.

c.

Bay and Ocean. :) I've been boat diving in both years ago, but I most often dove in quarries and North Carolina when I lived in the Baltimore area. :)

I've never tried the rivers and that might be interesting. Some folks out here in Arizona are going to dive the Salt River, so I look forward to trying that when I get back. Of course most of the eastern rivers are shallow compared to the west (I've kayaked both and it's quite a difference), but some of the tributaries of the Chesapeake might be okay.

My brother lives on back river and it looks deep enough to dive and wide enough to be able to avoid boat traffic, esp during the week, but I'd worry about water quality as well. He says it's good - I'm not so sure...

I've done Oyster Diving in the bay in November and wreck diving off OC, but always in a boat.

Contact some of the dive shops to see if they're running any trips.

c.

Heading out to Hyde's this afternoon for the Wednesday happy-hour diving.... 4PM - dark.

Travis, you really ought to expand your horizons beyond Hydes... there are actually places you can go to enjoy yourself and actually see something : ) Try the Wednesday night socials at Bainbridge... then turn it into a night dive instead of having to head home. Do they still give you a free $20 hot dog at Hydes on Wednesdays?

Start Here (Diving on a Budget):
Guppy Gulch $15
Bainbridge $26
Willow Springs $25
Dutch Springs $32
Millbrook Quarry $??
Lake Rawlings $??
Ocean City, MD $daily rates (OC Diver)
Indian Head River, DE $daily rates (To Dive 4)
Coastal New Jersey (lots of choices)
St Lawrence River, NY
Virginia Beach
North Carolina

Air Fills can be had locally for as little as .60 cents a fill and Nitrox as little as .90 cents a fill.

Get Out and Dive

Off the Wall- 60 cents a fill or a foot? There is a huge difference, 60 cents a fill would be awesome, but a foot it would work out to be $14.40 for double 120s. I currently pay $9 for the same thing at Blue Marble Divers in Hagerstown, MD. Please clarify your statement.
-J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom