Mid price hotel at Puerto Ayora,Galapagos Is.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fredi

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning my diving first trip to Galapagos.Instead of doing a liveaboard,I plan to do a week of land base diving this mid-August,from Puerto Ayora. I plan to dive with Scuba Iguana, but would like to stay at a hotel near Scuba Iguana and walking distance to the town center.Besides Hotel Galapagos,are there any other nice cheaper hotels within walking distance?Hotel Galapagos is about $70 a nite with breakfast and taxes included.Also should I book my dive trips with Scuba Iguana prior to my arrival, or I can just contact them when I arrive in Puerto Ayora?For those of you who have dived landbase with Scuba Iguana,and have stayed in the nearby cheaper hotels,kindly share your advice with me.Your recommendation is very much appreciated.Thanks in advance.

The Red Mangrove Inn...right across from Scuba Iquana, lovely views and very comfortable, small and well with in walking distance of almost everything in town. You should also venture inland to the Tunnel of Love it's great.

Fredi:
I'm planning my diving first trip to Galapagos.Instead of doing a liveaboard,I plan to do a week of land base diving this mid-August,from Puerto Ayora. I plan to dive with Scuba Iguana, but would like to stay at a hotel near Scuba Iguana and walking distance to the town center.Besides Hotel Galapagos,are there any other nice cheaper hotels within walking distance?Hotel Galapagos is about $70 a nite with breakfast and taxes included.Also should I book my dive trips with Scuba Iguana prior to my arrival, or I can just contact them when I arrive in Puerto Ayora?For those of you who have dived landbase with Scuba Iguana,and have stayed in the nearby cheaper hotels,kindly share your advice with me.Your recommendation is very much appreciated.Thanks in advance.

HiYa Fredi! I agree with the Red Mangrove idea... but- any cheaper? Both in perfect locations! I'll mail you that stuff asap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom