Mid Week Lake Travis Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bladesmith

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well Folks let me tell you, Diving during the week is the way to go. The lake is empty!!! Got to go diving Tuesday and Wednesday with my son and a buddy of mine. Tuesday Afternoon we hit Mansfield Dam. It was our first time there, Three other divers were there, and us. Great viz and the Dam wall is really cool. Being that it is close to Halloween some interesting stuff has been placed on certain dive attractions there at the dive area. My 16 year old sons eyes were the size of half dollars when he saw what was placed on top of the plane. Im not telling what it was, go diving and check it out.

After Mansfield we headed over to windy point and set up camp. We were the only ones there. Got to do two night dives, my sons first. He loved night diving. Two more dives Wednesday morning and we packed up and had to head home. So great weather ,great viz, great time with my son and my good friend Travis. Take advantage of the great diving conditions we have right now and go DIVE !! Richard

Richard.... hey thanks for the great report....it sounded like you guys had a super few days of diving and camping!!
I bet your son had the time of his life on those dives.
Glad all is well and greet your wife for me, I hope she is coming along just fine.
:D Alan

Alan, my son did have a great time. This was dive 10 for him, so he learned alot on this trip and got 6 dives in. The night dive was the best part. He was a bit leary on the dive, but in a few minutes he was loving it. He said he liked night diving better than day diving. The wife is doing great, she is due May 5th. Im going to try to get as much diving done between now and March. Wont be doing much diving April thru June I bet. Richard

Yeah, the thing on top of the plane was put out there by several of us last Halloween, and so was the thing hanging in the plane. We're going out for our halloween campout here in a few weeks, and we'll do some more decorating. Gotta like that, though, since the object really fits in with a movie of the time.

Back
Top Bottom