Mid West get together at Beaver Lake, AR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is a spin off of the other thread I posted to see if there was any interest. Since there appears to be some, I started this thread for everyone to post if they are gonna make it, times, days, etc.

Dates are September 25, 26, and 27.

This will be held at the scuba park near the dam. There is a $5 entrance fee, per carload. It is a self-pay station that is located immediately after you turn onto the road that leads to the park. The scuba park proper has assorted stuff to see in 10 to 55 foot of water. The normal stuff for Midwest lakes. Just past the boat ramp and around the corner are "the bluffs". Underwater forest, couple of boats, concrete statues, and depths that can reach 150'+ fairly quickly.

There is lodging in Eureka Springs. C&J Sports also has a bunkhouse and RV hookups. Joplin MO is about an hour away, also.

The scuba park is generally pretty busy in the summer, so there will likely be plenty of people at the park.

Nearest air fills are at C&J Sports. They also fill Nitrox, and I believe they used to have helium. I will contact them and find out, and report back.

I plan to be there all three days, and will be driving back and forth each day.

Let me know if I missed anything, or if there are any questions.

DW

The park is not currently collecting the daily fee - so entry is free.

I plan to come down. Might bring the (non-diving) wife along and make it a mini vacation. We would probably head out Friday morning, and head back either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning, depending on how many will be there and which days. We are coming down from Des Moines.

Man I miss Eureka Springs and Beaver Lake. It was a truck from Wichita but such a great little spot. Hope you all have a blast!

I will likely be making a trip down to the park/bluffs next Friday, and possibly this Friday. I will report conditions.

As it stands right now, I am planning to be arriving for the get together on Friday, Sept. 25 at about 0600.

DW

Visibility was great a couple weeks ago in the 80-120’ range at the ledges/bluffs area. I think close to 40’. 20-40’ is really bad, less than 10’.
Lake level continues to come down making access to the water easier. Should be a nice weekend for diving.
If you want to check out the quarry, send me a text and I can give directions. Here’s a pic from the quarry floor.

Visibility was great a couple weeks ago in the 80-120’ range at the ledges/bluffs area. I think close to 40’. 20-40’ is really bad, less than 10’.
Lake level continues to come down making access to the water easier. Should be a nice weekend for diving.
If you want to check out the quarry, send me a text and I can give directions. Here’s a pic from the quarry floor.

Appreciate that! Unfortunately, I am gonna have to shoot for making the trip next Friday.

DW

I will likely be making a trip down to the park/bluffs next Friday, and possibly this Friday. I will report conditions.

As it stands right now, I am planning to be arriving for the get together on Friday, Sept. 25 at about 0600.

DW
Are you saying 6 am?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom