Mid-West Muck Divers, Add your favorite dive spots to our directory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Along with the launch of the ScubaBoard Portal, ScubaBoard has added several new features to our website including The InsideScubaC.om Directory. InsideScuba is a directory of commercial dive operators/shops but also a place to post and find dive spots around the world. Since this is a new service we are starting at the ground and that’s why we need your help! Since you are on this board odds are you dive and you probably dive often at one or more amazing sites, sites which belong in our directory! So, if you have a moment please head on over to our add a listing page and submit your latest dive spot to our directory so other divers can get a head start on picking their next destination!

Thank you for your continued involvement with the ScubaBoard community!

I always wanted to do this to a mod... Do a search!!! We as well as others have already been doing this. It would be a lot easier if you could transfer everything to where you want it.

Wow, there aren't a lot of responses to this request! Too bad - I was looking forward to seeing some new places to dive. I'm a new diver without experience, but I've heard of good diving at the sand pit lakes around Kearney, Nebraska. Lake Oronogo and Lake Okoboji in Missouri both have sunken items for divers to go down and explore, but beware of boat traffic. And Underwater World Scuba Center (www.scubauww.com) in Omaha, Nebraska has its own rock quarry near Malvern, Iowa. Divers can use the quarry whenever UWW staff are there for $10. The depth is around 60-65 feet, with visibility around 20 or more feet, depending on the time of year and the number of new divers doing their open water checkout dives. Hope some more midwestern divers will add posts to this request!

If you pass through Indiana you could go to Blue Springs off I-74 toward Ohio. It's an old limestone quarry. The water is cold, but it's what midwest diving is all about. There are some cool swim-thrus, and it's amusing to people watch out there. Max depth is about 60 ft I believe and it's open year round. Check it out if you're ever in that neck of the woods.

davisdiver:
If you pass through Indiana you could go to Blue Springs off I-74 toward Ohio. It's an old limestone quarry. The water is cold, but it's what midwest diving is all about. There are some cool swim-thrus, and it's amusing to people watch out there. Max depth is about 60 ft I believe and it's open year round. Check it out if you're ever in that neck of the woods.

And now shell out $20...not worth it.

Good luck! There are several posted here on the board but I am not sure of one that works. Check the above link and see if there is one there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom