Miflex High Pressure Hose Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You need to revise that statement, this is not a Miflex product nor do Li Chung have any dealings with Miflex.
Look I'm not a great fan boy of Miflex goodness knows Ive had numerous run in's with those clowns but accuracy is required in any statement, and this is not a Miflex product, in hose or fitting or crimp method.

The 11Q3 marking is simply the date of manufacture 2011 third quarter.
Futher Miflex would not recognise SAE 100R7 as a relivent constuction standard (more's the pity)
While I would also doubt neither is the Li Chung Junk.

If you need to look at blame and responsibility just dig out the DEMA 106 standards commitee reccomendations and the frankly inadequate, ill educated and poorly worded standard those clowns allowed as suitable manufacturing inspection and test procedures for "sports" divers equipment.

I would'nt let them loose designing the colour of a snorkel, let also a regulator standard the result of which your now sadly experiencing.

Further for general information here is the first inept sales pitch from Mifex back in 17th January 2008
and I am still waiting for the answers. This feasco has been going on for years.
Only difference back then I was polite.

Hello from Miflex Hoses

Iain
Thanks for the info! I don't seem to have an option to edit my previous post, so I've posted it again with a slight change. However, being an active diver for almost 40 years and having gone through several HP hoses, I've never seen one fail in this manner before. It is hard to believe that the same type of failure happening to all these hoses, manufactured at the same time is coincidental!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom