Mighty O in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if you all saw it but there was a special on the sinking of the Mighty O on the Discovery channel over this past weekend. I am sure they will show it again. It's an interesting watch especially if you all are planning to dive it.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Not sure if you all saw it but there was a special on the sinking of the Mighty O on the Discovery channel over this past weekend. I am sure they will show it again. It's an interesting watch especially if you all are planning to dive it.

I didn't see it last weekend but I have seen it before. It was a good show. I can't wait to get down there and put my hands on her!!!!!:D

I completely agree!!!

I was visiting my family that weekend and my father said "hey you should dive that..." pointing at the TV and I said "on August 23rd I will be." He was awe struck and I think a little jealous.

Even after diving on her several times there is just some thing about that first initial touch of your hand on the Oriskany. You must then do the celebratory fist pump, underwater disco dance, or touch down shuffle to celebrate afterwards :D. Be sure to post about your trip.

I'm official In!! I spoke to Fritz and I'm #3 in your group GRD. Three spots left at this point. I'm getting stoked! A little over 5 weeks to go. I just hope Mother Nature cooperates with us!!

I'm going to be diving this wreck with an Alum 80 cu and a steel 40 cu redundant sys. Anybody else not doing a tech dive on this trip?

Ben and I are both doing Al 80's. I am taking along my pony bottle but thats about as tech as I get. We are using a 28% mix so we can get down and touch the flight deck. Its at 130 FSW. WOOHOO I am soooo getting stoked.
There is supposed to be one more joining us from Ocala but he has not signed up yet. So until he does his spot is up for grabs.

Ben and I are both doing Al 80's.

Just my two psi, but you might want to rent some bigger tanks for this dive. The reason I say this is with the depths of this dive if you rent a bigger tank air will not be a factor only your NDL time. I own two HP 119's and it makes life great on this dive. I am not sure if MBT rents HP steel or not (probably do) if not Dive Pros does for sure.

I did my first two dive on the Oriskany on my Al 80's and I really sacrificed precious bottom time by using them. But then again its only my two psi.......safe diving

Also the flight deck is 135-136 ish. Here is the view inside the Pri-Fly Bridge of the "O"

0204.JPG

Last edited:
Ben I can get my hands on some 119's if you can. It doesn't matter that much to me but the more time down there the better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom