Mike Nelson and Sea Hunt inspires another

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love all the Seahunt episodes.
Just enjoy it, you can’t get caught up in all the inacuracies of the actual diving and situations. Yeah, I’ve seen the scenes where Mike’s diving a single, then the next scene (supposedly the same dive) he’s in floaty doubles, then in triples.
You need to just appreciate the history, the audience it was intended for, and the art of the story line.
Yes they are hoaky in literal terms, and maybe that’s part of of the cult classic following. I enjoy seeing the simplicity of the gear and the fact that it was real. Divers did dive that way with that exact minimalist gear. There is a society of divers today that dive just like that.

you cant judge movie diving in the 50s and 1950s dive rules to today ....try to watch other series like lone ranger etc today its unwatchable ...but sea hunt is yes its hoaky but still is entertaining ....

when I was doing my ccr instructor course in Catalina my IT said he knew most of the sites so I MADE him take me there, that cave he swam it and out of ad nausean I dove ...... loved it ill bet @drbill knows all of them

I had a lot of fun with the 4am SeaHunt reruns on the oldies channel at 4am. Then recently switched to direct TV, no Sea Hunt. Boo hoo. But I did see them as a kid, it was fun to see Jeff in them, who was/is my age.

My main misconception was thinking that the bad guys would cut Mike's air hose in *every* episode. It actually was pretty infrequent... ;-)

he had the market covered doing that , even did it once with coral !!!!!

you can buy all the episodes digitally remastered ..............online ...no need to stay up till 4 am

you cant judge movie diving in the 50s and 1950s dive rules to today ....try to watch other series like lone ranger etc today its unwatchable ...but sea hunt is yes its hoaky but still is entertaining ....

Jeff (a.k.a. "silt") didn't think so..... :facepalm:

he is ....... like every one initialed to his opinion .......but I never saw mikey disappear in a cloud of loon crap /silt ,,,,,,so he is still and always be siltboy

I hadn't watched sea hunt for years, then during a trip to GC, Divetech were showing them. Unfortunately I cant seem to get the complete series here in the UK.

In the episode 'mini sub' is it the Kittiwake or a sister ship?

The show is on netflix, no need to buy any dvds,etc. Just watch anytime you like on netflix.

Back
Top Bottom