Mildew/Mold Spots on the insides of gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al248005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After diving my drysuit last week, I rinsed the suit off and turned it inside out EXCEPT for the gloves (blue zipseal gloves). I forgot to pull the gloves through to dry them out. When rinsing my suit after today's dives I noticed black mildew/mold spots on the inside of the gloves. The problem is just isolated to the gloves and not the rest of the suit. The rest of the suit dried completely but the gloves didn't since they were tucked up in the sleeve when I turned the suit inside out. Is there any hope in saving the gloves? Can I clean them and if so what kind of soap would I use?

Hi al248005,

Not to worry. Use Simple Green. Remove your gloves from the suit (it is so much easier this way). Turn them inside out. Give them a good cleaning with the solution. Rinse well and let dry completely. Re-attach and you'll be ready to dive.

Have fun -

kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom