Millbrook Quarry 10/20 (Saturday) Northern Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barnaby'sDad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is anyone interested in going to Millbrook Quarry on 10/20 (Saturday)? I completed my OW certification the end of September. I’m looking to do my first post-certification dives and it would be my first trip to this quarry.

I’ve got new gear (BC, regs, etc.). Everything has been function checked and it’s the same stuff that I used for my OW class. I’m familiar with it, but I thought I’d throw that out there, as I assume that would be considered a new gear test dive by most.

I’m located a bit to the south and I would entertain hitting somewhere else, if a potential dive buddy would prefer that. ex. Rappahannock Quarry.

Just joined this board. Just moved to the DMV area. Am interested in diving. Don't much care what the weather is. Next time you want to go to Millbrook hit me up. Also interested in checking out options in Ocean City and Virginia Beach.

Just joined this board. Just moved to the DMV area. Am interested in diving. Don't much care what the weather is. Next time you want to go to Millbrook hit me up. Also interested in checking out options in Ocean City and Virginia Beach.

Sure. I'll let you know the next time I'm going to head over there. I'll be diving wet, so I will be looking to keep it shallow. The last time I went over there, the water temperature was tolerable until I got down around 40'. Even then...unless you're diving dry, you'll probably be looking forward to getting out of the water.

@SKS22 FYI...Coral Edge Adventures is having a Buddy Dive Day at Millbrook on March 23rd. It is not currently on their calendar, but I just called and they confirmed that they're still having it on that day.

Heading down to Wilmington to dive that weekend otherwise I would join you. Haven't been to Millbrook in a long time, I am sure the viz is just as beautiful as it used to be. :D

Lol. Yeah...it wasn't pretty both of the times I made it there. When the visibility opened up past 10' a few times...I was like:bday:.
Good luck with your trip.:cheers:

I'm looking to dive on Sunday. More leaning towards Lake Phoenix, but I would consider Millbrook if someone is game.

I’ll be at Millbrook on Sunday, but I’ll be doing a drysuit class.

Cool. Good luck with the drysuit class. That's something that I need to consider for next winter.

I think I may have found a couple people to meet up with at Lake Phoenix. If anyone decides they want to go, feel free to message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom